Ministry Renewal FAQs
What is Ministry Renewal?
Every group is required to complete the annual renewal process and confirm group information for the new year. The annual renewal fee is $159 per church. Renewal for the 2014-15 year begins April 1, 2014.
What if we have more than one MOPS group at our church?
Coordinate with the other leaders and the church to choose who will complete the annual renewal. Once the renewal is completed for the church, every group will be renewed. Each group is responsible for setting up their group for the new year and for registering leaders and moms returning next year. Visit MOPS.org/groupmanagement to renew. One Ministry Kit will be mailed to the church. Churches with multiple groups can share, duplicate and replicate the DVD materials for any group you have or may add this coming year.
What does the Annual Ministry Kit contain?
It's now called the Group Experience Kit and it's got loads of great tools for you to run your group. Check it out!
What if every group would like their own group experience kit?
Additional kits can be ordered for $45. Visit MOPS.org/groupmanagement to order yours.
What if each group has separate bank accounts?
Talk to the other leaders and work out who will pay the renewal fees for this year and how you will split the cost.
What if our church is not involved in our group?
This would be a great opportunity to connect with your church about the group. Share stories of how MOPS has changed the lives of the moms and families in your group. Ask them to assign a church contact for your group (this could be the Family Pastor, Women’s Ministry Leader or Outreach Pastor) who you can connect with regularly.
What are the benefits of being part of the MOPS organization?
- Your group will be listed on the Group Search website – MOPS.org/groupsearch so moms looking for a group in your zip code can find your group
- Practical, proven leadership training for all group leaders through DVDs, webinars, regional events and MOMcon, the MOPS International Leadership Conference
- Proven group model
- 40 years of experience serving moms and families through local churches
- Nationally known brand of MOPS; use of logo, curriculum, marketing materials
- Complete Leaders' Site where all leaders can connect with each other on the idea center, download templates, forms and promotional materials for their group
- Downloadable handbooks for everyone on your Leadership Team
- New theme, leader training and group meeting DVD teachings that include meeting planning provided for every group type through our Annual Group Experience Kit
- Local support and care for leaders through our extensive MOPS Volunteer Staff and Group Care Team
What if I have a brand new group?
Groups that have just signed the Ministry Agreement between December 1, 2013 and March 31, 2014 are required to go through the renewal process to confirm group information for the new year. You will not be charged renewal fees at check out. You may choose to order a new Ministry Kit at this time. The cost is $45.