Thinking about starting a MOPS group?
We believe that you are the perfect person for the job. Plus, we love to help.
Before we give you all the details, MOPS has four different kinds of groups to choose from. What kind of group are you thinking about starting?
MOPS International is dedicated to meeting the needs of every mother of preschoolers. MOPS strives to attain this vision through the local MOPS group. A MOPS group is started through a local church, and often has a leadership team made up of 8 key positions, although many groups start with only 2 or 3 leaders. Most MOPS groups vary in size from 10 to 200 women. MOPS groups usually meet once or twice a month, and often provide childcare through the MOPPETS program.
Teen MOPS provides a faith-based, supportive, nonjudgmental environment where teen moms can come together for mentoring and encouragement. In Teen MOPS, the teaching, activities and friendships are all focused on the very distinct needs of teenagers. Teen MOPS helps teen moms become more self-sufficient, confident, mature and giving young women. Teen MOPS groups can meet in public schools or community centers, as well as in churches, and often meet twice a month for teaching and/or activities. Teen MOPS leaders receive additional resources specifically related to teen parenting.
A group for mothers of school-age children. At MOPS International we believe Better Moms Make a Better World. This is true during the preschool years and beyond. As mothers enter the school years, new challenges and issues arise, but the need for community and hope remains. For this reason we offer MOMSnext, a ministry to mothers of school-age children. A MOMSnext group is an open, accepting place for all mothers of school-age children to experience authentic community, personal growth, practical help and spiritual hope.
A Military MOPS group is sponsored by a base chapel or local church. Because of the unique situations Military moms face, MOPS International has designed this program with a great deal of flexibility. Military MOPS groups meet once or twice each month and typically provide childcare through the MOPPETS program. Military MOPS meetings include time for developing relationships through teaching, discussion groups, creative activities and fellowship time over a shared meal or snack.
Now that you know, why not join?
Know what kind of group you want to start? Now we can fill you in on all the goodies you will receive when you sign up. All groups will get everything they need to run a group for an entire year, including:
DVD Curriculum and Leadership Training
Videos you will definitely want to watch
- Welcome to Leadership
- Thriving as a Leader
- What Every Leader Needs
- Help me figure out…!
- What do I do when…?
- Theme and group planning ideas
- Using the theme book in your group
Complete plans to help you run this thing
- 18 Complete Meeting Ideas with Fun, Think, Talk, Do cards
- MOPS Annual Content DVDs with lessons from well known speakers and authors
Get your group out there
- Download all kinds of flyer templates, logos and more to promote your group in your area!
- We will automatically add your group to our MOPS Group Search page. Seriously, this will bring all kinds of moms to your group!
Stuff to teach the MOPPETS
- Boz videos and curriculum for your MOPPETS program
- Customized coloring pages to go along with each lesson
Doing things online makes them easy, right?
- MOPS Leader resources at www.mops.org/leader (your Leaders will get access!)
- Custom Group Management resources
- Access to our idea center with thousands of tested ideas for crafts and theme ideas
- Downloadable templates
- Downloadable handbooks and practical tips for every leadership team position
- Downloadable meeting agendas
- Leadership retreat ideas
You’ll get your very own Coach who has led a group and can answer any questions you may have
Because books are still cool
- One free copy of the annual theme book
Some sweet membership benefits
- A sample “Welcome Package” so you can see exactly what your moms will receive when they register with MOPS International
- Quarterly Hello, Dearest magazine mailed directly to your members
Other assorted things to make your life easier
- Quarterly Connections Magazine specifically for leaders
- Regional training Events
- One-on-one sessions with a Coach who will provide answers and encouragement
Convinced? Here are three next steps:
We like baby steps. And babies, for that matter.
Get more info
This step is super easy! All you have to do is go here and fill out your name, email and address. After that, we do the rest! You can look for an email to arrive in your inbox with all sorts of helpful info, informative videos and a printable pdf that has answers to all your questions.
P.S. We don’t think sharing private info is very cool, so we promise not to show your information to anyone else, for any reason.
Talk with someone
Want to talk to a real live person in our Denver headquarters? Give us a ring at 303.733.5353 and we can chat about starting a group, the weather, or cute things our kids said today.
Ready to get started right now? In a few short minutes you can be changing the world with your MOPS group!