Reports to: Major Gifts Officer
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours/week
The Grants Manager will be an experienced practitioner in successful grant writing and management. This person will grasp the spiritual component of fundraising and merge it with technical aptitude to contribute to a thriving donor ministry at MOPS.
This position is responsible for furthering God’s kingdom by advancing the impact of MOPS through effective funding programs and executing meaningful projects with funding partners.
- Actively cultivate and grow grant and foundation caseload to achieve goals.
- Implement strategies and reach-outs to identify and engage new grant opportunities.
- Manage overall grant efforts.
- Write world-class grant proposals and submit them for funding opportunities.
- Cultivate and manage all foundation contact relationships as part of donor caseload.
- Execute grant administration process, prepare progress reports, ensure compliance with regulations, manage grant database, prepare financial reports.
- Optimize the grant administration process including streamlining data collection, survey responses, stats, and relevant research.
- Curate and catalogue MOPS stories of impact and testimonials.
- Managing timelines, deliverables.
- Prepare and monitor budgets.
- Participate in major fundraising initiatives in partnership with the CEO.
- Ensure an excellent donor experience through prompt, error free communication, donation thank you’s, and other interaction with funders.
- Guarantee accurate and timely documentation and reporting of all relationship work using the MOPS CRM.
- Contribute to a Godly culture for the entire organization that is passionate and contagious.
- Positively promote MOPS ministry, staff and strategic objectives internally and externally.
- Stay aware of trends in future audiences, ways of connecting and communication vehicles.
- Follower of Jesus and able to faithfully sign and uphold the MOPS Faith and Values Statement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or comparable year’s work experience in a related field.
- Proven track record of successful grant writing and gift acquisition.
- Five years of experience grant writing and caseload management.
- Familiarity with Foundations and the philanthropic community.
- High degree of spiritual maturity, spiritual character and leadership abilities.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically, take initiative, set goals, and achieve them.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to assess processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Strong technical skills including word processing, spreadsheet and database familiarity.
- Methodical and strategic thinking who takes initiative.
- Exceptional budgeting, monitoring, and communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Budgeting and accounting experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of auditing policies.
- Knowledge of donor agencies.
Benefits and Pay
- Annual pay range: $26 to $29 per hour; depending on experience and qualifications.
Eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Unlimited PTO
- 403 (b) Retirement Savings Plan
- 13 holidays per year
- 1 spiritual retreat day per year
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can get to know you better. Applications with no cover letter will not be considered.
Don’t be shy, tell us why this is the perfect job for you and why you’re excited about our vision to reach 1 million moms. We can’t wait to hear from you!