Director of Development
MOPS International is looking to hire a rock star Director of Development. Join the Senior Leadership Team and play a critical role in helping us reach 1 million moms. Interested? Pick up your laptop, send us your resume, and we’ll get started!
The Director of Development will be an experienced practitioner in the ministry of donor development, able to lead a team to new levels of success while establishing a donor-focused culture. This person will grasp the spiritual component of fundraising and merge it with technical aptitude to create a thriving donor ministry at MOPS. This role will grow a donor base and budget through the solicitation of monthly givers, major gifts, grants, special events, and alumni programs.
The Director of Development is a member of the Senior Leadership Team. Being part of this team requires broad leadership skills and wisdom, representing the Development team while maintaining an organizational perspective. This position is responsible for furthering God’s kingdom by advancing the impact of MOPS through personally caring for and soliciting MOPS’ highest capacity supporters.
Senior Leadership Team Responsibilities
- Contribute to a Godly culture for the entire organization that is passionate and contagious.
- Positively promote MOPS ministry, staff and strategic objectives internally and externally.
- Contribute proactively to, shape and successfully implement strategic and annual plans.
- Cultivate and offer focused strategic thinking, planning and decision making that accomplishes strategic objectives and MOPS ministry development.
- Facilitate cross-organizational implementation of strategies through on-time reporting and collaboratively working towards completion of annual plan.
- Lead, motivate, manage and develop assigned staff to meet strategic and annual goals.
- Manage the development and implementation of team’s annual budget and meet budgetary and missional goals.
- Stay aware of trends in future audiences, ways of connecting and communication vehicles.
- Lead all major fundraising initiatives in partnership with the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Actively lead capital campaign efforts to achieve goals.
- Cultivate relationship building with donors and actively invite them into biblical, transformational giving.
- Increase the MOPS donor base by creating and implementing a new donor acquisition strategy to identify and engage new donors.
- Oversee, edit and coordinate all Development messaging for each tier of constituents including monthly donors, major donors, foundations, staff and MOPS Volunteer Staff.
- Assume a major donor case load and cultivate these relationships so that individuals’ engagement is deepened and have regular opportunities to invest in the ministry of MOPS.
- Create communication materials and proposals and present them for funding opportunities to major donors.
- Represent MOPS in a public speaking capacity at donor events and other opportunities.
- Direct the creation of the annual Ministry Impact Report, Strategic Project Funding Requests, Case for Support materials, direct mail appeals and all related fundraising collateral.
- Develop and grow the talent and production of the Development team to increase fundraising capacity at MOPS.
- Ensure an excellent donor experience through prompt, error free communication, donation thank you’s, and other interactions with donors.
- Guarantee accurate and timely documentation and reporting of all relationship work using the MOPS CRM.
- Cultivate and manage all foundation contact relationships as part of donor caseload.
- Develop and manage necessary procedures for effective foundation response.
- Oversee grant writing and foundation reporting throughout the staff.
- Follower of Jesus and able to faithfully sign and uphold the MOPS Faith and Values Statement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or comparable year’s work experience in a related field.
- Five years of experience in Major Gift Solicitation.
- Five years of experience in fundraising events.
- Ten years of experience managing donor communications and relationships.
- Ten years of experience in senior leadership in non-profit organization or donor focused ministry environment.
- Familiarity with Foundations and the philanthropic community.
- Strategic thinker who takes initiative.
- Strong relational and organizational skills.
- Embraces a steward mindset of biblical fundraising.
- High degree of spiritual maturity, spiritual character and leadership abilities.
- Responsive attitude and a servant heart.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically, take initiative, set goals, and achieve them.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to assess processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Strong technical skills including word processing, spreadsheet and database familiarity.
The Director of Development position is an exempt full-time position. Annual salary range: $60,000 – $90,000.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can get to know you better. Applications with no cover letter will not be considered.
Don’t be shy, tell us why this is the perfect job for you and why you’re excited about our vision to reach 1 million moms. We can’t wait to hear from you!