“MOPS International encourages and equips moms of young children to realize their potential as mothers, women and leaders, in relationship with Jesus, and in partnership with the local church.”
What are MOPS International’s Organizational Values?
- Excellence: The achievement of organizational excellence by conducting all the affairs of the ministry in accordance with biblical principles, sound management, personal and organizational integrity, financial stewardship, and empowerment of the staff to accomplish organizational outcomes.
- Heritage: The historical MOPS group structure serves as a model for ministry.
- Faith Position Statement: A commitment to the MOPS International Faith Position Statement.
- Partnerships/Alliances: Partnership/Alliances where individual strengths are shared for a common purpose.
- Local Church: A relationship with the local church, embracing a spectrum of diverse denominations, which are in agreement with our Faith Position Statement.
- Governance: The building of the board to model good governance, ensure the election of qualified and committed directors, constantly refine the Standing Policies Manual, and inform board members of major developments.
What are MOPS International’s core Ministry Values?
Under God, MOPS International embraces the following values statements, which we hold to be essential to our ministry, and which are the foundation upon which our ministry is based:
- Dignity: The dignity of each individual life and mother of preschoolers, no matter where she has been, what she has done or how she is choosing to live her life today, embracing both believers and nonbelievers and all ethnic and socioeconomic groups.
- Women: The equipping of women to become all that God has designed them to be.
- Mothering: The value of mothering for its contribution to individuals, children, society at large, future generations and eternity.
- Relationships: Relationships including the male/female marital relationship, the parent/child relationship, and the ultimate fulfillment of all relationship needs through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Marriage, Family and the Single Life: God has instituted marriage — the covenant relationship between one man and one woman — intended to be a life-long union of husband and wife. The single life, either by call or circumstance, is honored by God. Unmarried people are an important part of the Christian community.
- Human Sexuality: Sexuality is inherent in God’s creation of human being in his image as male and female. Husbands and wives are called to exclusive sexual fidelity to one another and single persons are called to abstinence. God intends and enables all people to live within these boundaries with the help of the Holy Spirit and in the fellowship of the Church.
- Relationship Evangelism: Relationship evangelism as expressed through Christ-like relationships in an environment for growth and spiritual development as faith shared through actions and words.
- Leadership Development: The equipping of women, volunteer leaders, volunteer staff, staff and board to gain skill and confidence in their leadership ability, to understand their influence in their family, community and world, and to guide others through relationship evangelism.
- Leadership Qualifications: Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and growing towards maturity in relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced in godly character, behavior and attitudes, as expressed in Scripture.
What is MOPS International’s Statement of Christian Character, Faith and Mission?
Statement of Christian Character: This Corporation is a community of like-minded Christian believers consisting of those who serve the mission of the organization as its representatives, including all of the directors, officers, employees and volunteer staff of the organization, each of whom is an integral part of the community. The organization maintains this faith-based community as an exercise of its Christian beliefs and as an expression of these beliefs to the larger community. In addition, the Corporation subscribes to the Christian belief that all of its activities should express the Corporation’s beliefs and be rendered as a service to God. In short, both the mission of the organization and the association of its directors, officers, employees and volunteer staff are an exercise and an expression of the organization’s Christian beliefs. Under God, MOPS International embraces our Statement of Faith (click here to read), which we hold to be essential to our ministry, and which are the foundation upon which our ministry is based.
All speakers on our annual curriculum have agreed to the MOPS Faith Position Statement and are aware of our Core Ministry Values. While we agree on the basics of faith, we acknowledge that speakers may have differing views on issues unrelated to salvation. Using speakers for our annual curriculum does not signify an endorsement by MOPS International.