It's a holiday week. There are extra days off, extra guests and extra reasons for a special breakfast. Try this scrumptious seasonal treat for a little something special.
Or, go ahead and break all the rules and have this breakfast for dinner!
- 14 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp homemade pumpkin pie spice
- Butter and syrup for serving
- Fresh fruit or smoothie as side
- Set out the bread for dipping.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin and pie spice until smooth.
- Dip each side of the bread in the mixture and cook on a hot, greased griddle or skillet. Flip after 1 – 2 minutes.
- Once all are cooked, serve with butter and maple. And a side of fresh fruit.
- If freezing, let cool completely to reduce freezer burn.
Erin Chase is the mom chef at 5DollarDinners.com, and is the voice behind the new Blinkie grocery savings mobile app. When not sharing frugal recipes and helping people across the country spend less time and money on groceries each week, she working hard to keep up with her 4 young boys, ages 8 to 6 months. In the little spare time she has, she enjoys running and reading.