MOPS Convention Packing & Event Tips
from the Experts (MOPS staffers and Past Attendees)
PACKING TIPS: Pack smart & simple but leave room for take home items.
- Wear comfy shoes! (Pack the cute ones) Go for comfort or you'll be in recovery for weeks!
- Dress in layers (sweater or jacket) – most restaurants and workshop venues run the air conditioner on high!
- Bring Tylenol, Advil, Benadryl, bandaids and personal hygiene products just to play it safe. If you don't use them, you can always rescue a friend at some point during the event
- Pack Mom Prom Attire (Go all out or come as you are)
- Bring CASH – spending money for you, small bills for tipping bellhops & housekeepers
- Carry a tote bag or large purse for
- address labels (for Resource Fair drawings)
- address book
- snacks (to keep your energy up)
- notebook/pen for workshop notes
- reusable water bottle (save money on bottled H20!)
- plus, you’ll need space for Resource Fair gifts & goodies
- Bring reading material – MomSense magazine for the flight, your e-reader or a book for fun reading
- Don't forget your phone charger! You’ll want to keep your phone juiced to check up on your family
EVENT TIPS from seasoned MOPS Convention Attendees!
- Pack snacks (bag of grapes, crackers and cheese sticks) if you fly. On the plane you’ll get your free drink and will not be tempted to buy chips or candy!
- When you get to Convention, take 30 minutes to walk around and get the lay of the land (figure out where you might want to eat, where your workshops are, etc)
- Bring a Mom-o-dometer (pedometer) from the MOPShop! It’s fun to track all those miles you cover!
- Charge your phone each night to you can keep up with your family
- If you're watching time, budget or health be sure to pack oatmeal packs, quality protein bars and nuts or raisins for breakfast/ lunch. They are great for quick energy and save time/dollars so you can make all the breakout sessions! For dinner, splurge - you have walked everywhere and eaten well
- ZUMBA! To join in the fun on Friday or Saturday morning, sign up early (space is limited) and pack your workout clothes
- If you plan to take walks outside or enjoy the onsite water park, pack a combo sunscreen & insect repellent
- Bring spa socks & lotion so you can pamper your feet at the end of the day
- Take lots of photos to share with your leaders and mom friends back home to encourage them to attend next year (and post photos to the MOPS International Facebook page)!
Other ways to prepare for Convention:
In addition to getting ready to have a fabulous time, be thinking about what you can do to help us reach more moms so more women can experience the community, fellowship and encouragement that a MOPS groups offers.
You’ll have the opportunity to make a gift or join The Wave, our monthly giving club when you visit one of the Offering Kiosks that will be located in the Resource Fair and outside our general sessions. This is a new, easy offering opportunity to reach more moms and multiply our impact! With just $5 a month you could touch the lives of three families with the love of Jesus. Please begin praying now as to how God wants you to take The Plunge.