Each year in preschool and elementary school, our kids celebrated International Day. The kids prepared food from each continent, as one way of growing in awareness of their world. This New Zealand smoothie was a favorite!
- 1/2 bag of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 large can pineapple juice
- 10 ice cubes
- For garnish: 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut crosswise into circle-slices
- Put the berries and juice into the blender.
- Add ice and fill almost to the top of the blender with water.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups and garnish with a kiwi slice.
- This should be icy enough so the kiwi slice floats. Enjoy!