||Ministry Engagement Team|
||15 hours per month|
|Length of Commitment:
||Two years minimum|
Purpose: To provide connection through resources, to raise MOPS awareness throughout her assigned Community. Utilize leadership experience, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, public speaking skills and written/verbal communication skills in order to accomplish this purpose and to support the vision of MOPS International.
Scope: Organizes Community communication and networking including, but not limited to, newsletter, blog, website, public relations (including Chartering Ministry contact) and networking times within Community meetings. Her focus is to keep MOPS International, local leaders, Chartering Ministries and moms connected. She is accountable to the Community Developer.
- Read and be responsible for knowing the content of all MOPS Handbooks provided by MOPS International, Connections magazine, www.MOPS.org, www.MOPSFieldLeaders.org, and other materials or e-mails sent from MOPS International.
- Expected attendance at MOPS International Convention, as well as MOPS training events that are within reasonable proximity of the Community Networker’s home. Attend training held in conjunction with Convention or MOPS training events. Assist with any other MOPS International events in the Community.
- Communicate with Community Developer regularly and attend training held within the Area.
- Communicate with MOPS International by submitting monthly hours and Field Leader Expense Report to CD as needed.
- Complete a year-end Evaluation and Commitment Renewal for MOPS International. Submit annual goals and review them periodically with the Community Developer.
- Contact Chartering Ministry representative of each newly assigned MOPS groups with a welcome letter. Provide feedback to Community Developer on support given to these Chartering Ministries.
- Determine, along with the Community Developer, the appropriate networking methods for your Community (may include social networking sites, Community blog or website).
- Regularly monitor and maintain electronic media sites to provide updated content and ensure security.
- Develop and distribute appropriate resources and information to Leaders, Chartering Ministries, and moms using various formats (which may include newsletters, email or regular mail).
- Review all material to ensure compliance with MOPS International Communication Standards.
- Identify opportunities to promote MOPS at events in her Community. Work with the Community Event Planner to coordinate local event promotions.
- Work with Coaches to plan networking times during Community Events.
Primary Strengths and Abilities:
- Two years MOPS Leadership experience required.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and fulfill responsibilities in a timely manner.
- An effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills.
- A team player with ability to take initiative, unite a team, set and achieve goals and anticipate needs.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Must have in-home access to Internet, email, file attachments, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to sign MOPS International Statement of Faith, Ministry Values and Statement of Volunteer.
Statement of Conduct: Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and maintains a Christ-like attitude in dealing with people inside and outside of MOPS. Is willing to uphold the MOPS International staff and ministry in prayer and aligns with the MOPS International mission and vision.