Want to be the best mom possible?
You are not alone. Welcome to MOPS!
You are invited to a place designed specifically for you. In a MOPS group you’ll meet other women from your local area who are in the same stage of life as you are; all MOPS moms have at least one child ranging in age from birth to kindergarten. You’ll belong to a community of authentic, fun, uplifting, real moms who support and encourage one another, share joys and failures and help each other grow.
All to help moms be the best they can be, so that no mom will be alone.
Because Better Moms Make A Better World
How do I join? We have nearly 4,000 groups already meeting all over the US and Canada! To find a MOPS group near you click here. Be sure to contact the group before attending to confirm that they are meeting at the scheduled time and to confirm that they will have adequate childcare available.
If a group is not available in your area, think about starting your own. Learn more about starting a group!
Free New Mom Gift Membership
To register for your free year of MOPS, return the postcard from your New Mom Gift to MOPS International or click here to register online.
MOPS Membership benefits include:
- 1-year membership registration - join a group today!
- MOMSense magazine
- MOPS logo "Friends don't let friends mother alone!" reusable shopping bag
- MOPS mom bumper sticker
- No Mom Alone 2-in-1 frame magnet
- A brightly colored bag tag that can be used on luggage, diaper bags, even gym bags!
More about MOPS
MOPS groups meet as often as once a week, and as infrequently as once a month - groups meet during the day, in the evenings, or on weekends. All groups are unique based on what area they are in and the women in the group, however most contain the following elements:
- Discussion: The intimate and accepting atmosphere of a small group offers moms a chance to share their successes, failures, questions, and concerns. It is during these times that a mom realizes that she is not alone, and lifelong friendships are formed.
- Learning: Moms and speakers share important skills about parenting and how to be a better mom.
- A creative activity or service project: Through creative projects and presentations, women are encouraged to experience the sense of accomplishment that comes with trying and finishing new things.
- MOPPETS: Most MOPS groups have a children’s program called MOPPETS, where your child will experience love in a preschool-like setting.
While each group is different, the MOPS program is built on several foundational principles:
- Community: MOPS provides an open, caring, and accepting atmosphere where women can come together to share this important season of life.
- Mentoring: Mature women listen, encourage, and offer information and perspectives gained through their experiences.
- Practical Instruction: Teaching focuses on areas of common interest, offering inspiration and information that is relevant to the life of a mother.
- Leadership Development: MOPS groups are organized and run by mothers of preschoolers, for mothers of preschoolers. Women who are involved in MOPS gain confidence to influence the people around them in their families, workplaces, schools, churches and neighborhoods.
Service opportunities through MOPS
Here are some ways MOPS group are making a difference in their group, their community and their world everyday.
National MOPS service projects
Local MOPS service projects
- Food baskets for families in need
- Handmade blankets for NICU
MOPS recognizes that urban, suburban and rural moms, stay-at-home and working moms, teen, single and married moms all share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be. MOPS groups can help!
MOPS provides a place to anchor your hope and share both your joys and frustrations with other moms. The relationships that develop within a group help moms identify who they are, where their heart is.
“MOPS changed my heart, my goals, my vision, my life.” - Jessica, MOPS leader
Become a better mom who makes a better world.
Join MOPS today!