Treasures Field Coordinator
||2-4 hours per month|
To represent MOPS International to assigned groups in their area with the purpose of promoting involvement in the annual Treasures Fundraising event, growing awareness of MOPS, and identifying potential groups to be involved in Treasures. Utilize leadership experience, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and written/verbal communication skills in order to accomplish this purpose and to support the vision of MOPS International.
History of Treasures of the Heart
Treasures of the Heart was established 15 years ago by a group of women who were passionate about raising friends and funds for MOPS International. Treasures has been a successful fundraising luncheon, an evening gala, and again in 2009 will be a luncheon event targeted at involving local Steering Teams of MOPS groups, moms, mentor moms, church representatives.
The 2009 luncheon event will be Thursday, November 5th 11:00-1:00 p.m. at Infinity Park
All money raised is used to support and grow the MOPS ministry that touches over four million people each year and directly impacts over 125,000 mothers of preschoolers, their husbands and children through over 4,000 MOPS groups. Internationally, the MOPS ministry impacts mothers and families in 34 other countries. MOPS International provides help and hope to teen moms, military moms, single moms, working moms, stay-at-home moms, as well as moms around the world
The Treasures Field Coordinator is accountable to the Volunteer Coordinator for involvement of their assigned groups and their individual involvement and support of the Treasures Event. This is evidenced by group ticket sales to the Treasures event, as well as involvement of the local MOPS groups in the Treasures event, acting as a public relations spokesperson for MOPS International, and interacting with local groups for their overall support of the Treasures event.
- Be responsible for knowing the purpose, goals and needs of the Treasures event and how the success of the Treasures event fits into the overall success of MOPS International.
- Represent local MOMS at the MOPS Intl. Treasures planning meetings to provide ideas on getting local Moms involved in the Treasures event.
- Attendance at planning meetings for the Treasures event-held monthly.
- Provide direct promotion and communication of the Treasures event to their assigned groups.
- Submit a monthly report as to the contact/progress of assigned groups in the Treasures event.
- Provide communications to your local Area Coordinator and Council Coordinator as the involvement of groups in the Treasures event.
- Personally attend the Treasures of the Heart event.
- Public Relations/Spreading the Vision
- Initiate communication with EACH group within their assigned area to explain the Treasures event, date location-either by phone or e-mail.
- Present or attend MOPS meetings in assigned area to speak with local MOMS about attending the Treasures event.
- Promote the Treasures event benefits of attendance to: local MOPS groups, steering teams, local moms, and church representatives.
- Group Involvement
- Involve 75% of groups in assigned area in the Treasures event-either by their support through donations to the event or ticket sales to the event.
- Primary Strengths and Abilities
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- High level of energy and passion for getting MOMS to attend and support the Treasures event.
- Professional demeanor in dress, behavior, attitude and loyalty to MOPS International
- Ability to organize, prioritize and fulfill responsibilities in a timely manner
- An effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- Good public relations and telephone skills
- A team player with an ability to anticipate needs
- Ability to take initiative, set goals and achieve them
Statement of Conduct:
Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and maintains a Christ-like attitude in dealing with people inside and outside of MOPS. Is willing to uphold the MOPS International staff and ministry in prayer and aligns with the MOPS International mission and vision
If you are interested in learning more about this volunteer position, please contact MOPS International Volunteer Coordinator Debra J. Adair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.272.7007.