Baked Potato Soup*
When you serve baked potatoes, bake four-five extra so you can serve this soup the next night.
- 4-5 large baking potatoes
- 2/3 c. margarine or butter
- 2/3 c. flour
- 6 c. regular or low-fat milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 c. regular or nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 lb. crisp bacon, crumbled
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bake potatoes and remove pulp.
- Melt margarine in large pot. Add flour; stir.
- Gradually add milk; stir constantly until thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in all other ingredients. Thin with milk if reheated. Serves 10-12.