Do I have what it takes to be a Field Leader?
A MOPS Field Leader is a professional volunteer with a passion for the MOPS ministry and heart for moms. Field Leaders encourage, equip and develop local leaders. Moms who have been encouraged through their MOPS group can encourage other leaders though Field Leadership.
Top 5 Myths of MOPS Field Leadership:
- Iím not qualified. Two years on a MOPS Steering Team in any position qualifies you. Some Field Leaders are still MOPS moms; however you donít have to be!
- It must be more work. Most Field Leader positions average 15 hours a month and work around your schedule.
- I donít have the tools or training for ministry leadership. MOPS International provides personalized leadership training, and a bounty of ready, made-to-use tools when helping and mentoring others.
- Iím too shy/introverted. There are Field Leadership and other volunteer opportunities which donít require up-front speaking. For those who absolutely love talking to moms, we have opportunities for you too!
- I would miss my connection with my Steering Team: Some Field Leader positions work with local Steering Team leaders. Additionally, MOPS Field Leadership provides a network of leaders who will support and encourage you in your role.
Click here to EXPLORE the volunteer job descriptions.
Take the next step in the Field Leader ADVENTURE. Contact your Area Developer to discuss Field Leadership.