||Ministry Engagement Team|
||15-20 hours per month|
|Length of Commitment:
||Two years minimum|
Purpose: To provide leadership to the MOPS International Communities through recruiting, training and supporting Community Coaches and Networkers. Responsible for Area Growth, Retention and Service goals. Utilize leadership experience, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, public speaking skills and written/verbal communication skills in order to accomplish this purpose and to support the vision of MOPS International.
Scope: Oversees and organizes all facets of the communities assigned to her including support, recruitment, administrative duties, and training the Community Team. She is accountable to the Area Developer.
- Read and be responsible for knowing the content of all MOPS Handbooks provided by MOPS International, Connections Magazine, www.MOPS.org, www.MOPSFieldLeaders.org, and other materials or emails sent from MOPS International.
- Expected attendance at MOPS International Leadership Convention, MOPS International Training Events within or near her Area.
- Assist with any MOPS International events in her Area.
- Work in cooperation with the Community Outreach Strategist (COS) and/or MOR to assist individuals or ministries interested in starting a MOPS group or donating to MOPS.
- Write two Community letters per year that will be sent to a representative for each group within assigned Communities.
- Submit goals annually and complete a year-end Evaluation and Commitment Renewal for MOPS International.
- Retention and Growth of Community Team
- Responsible for managing and leading Community team to accomplish specific Community goals of group growth, retention, service, and volunteer leadership development and retention
- Recruitment of Community Team
- Identify and recruit Community Coaches and Networkers. Refer recommended candidates to Area Developer for follow-up.
- Management and Tracking of Community Team
- Submit a monthly time log for Field Leaders in assigned Communities to Area Developer.
- Manage the budget within her assigned Communities. Submit monthly expense reports when the Field Leaders seek reimbursement.
- Maintain Community lists of groups and Steering Teams.
- Hold Coaches accountable for providing thorough support to each new group assigned to her Community. Track the support given in a quarterly report.
- Training and Support of Community Team
- Provide ongoing training to all Field Leaders in assigned Communities, including training for new Field Leaders and annual training for the Communities. Conduct annual evaluation and goal-setting for direct reports.
Communicate the MOPS International vision and provide updates, news, and opportunities to all Field Leaders in assigned Communities.
- Ensure attendance of Community Team at training events at least once per year
- Make regular contact with direct reports, both as a group and individually, making sure team members are motivated to support the purpose and vision of MOPS International.
- Community Responsibilities
- Maintain Community group retention of at least 90%.
- Achieve 100% MOPS International Membership Registration for all eligible groups in the Community.
Primary Strengths and Abilities:
- Two years MOPS Leadership experience required. Field Leader experience preferred.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and fulfill responsibilities in a timely manner.
- An effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills.
- A team player with the ability to take initiative, unite a team, set and achieve goals and anticipate needs.
- Ability to supervise, train and retain volunteers. Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Must have in-home access to Internet, email, file attachments, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to delegate responsibility and supervise volunteers. Strong conflict resolution skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and team collaboration skills
- Strong desire to apply their unique gifts and experience to their volunteer work for a Christian, nonprofit organization
- Able to sign MOPS International Statement of Faith, Ministry Values and Statement of Volunteer
Statement of Conduct: Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and maintains a Christ-like attitude in dealing with people inside and outside of MOPS. Is willing to uphold the MOPS International staff and ministry in prayer and aligns with the MOPS International mission & vision.