Writing for the MOPS International Website
The MOPS International website publishes articles that both inform and inspire on issues relating to motherhood and womanhood in five columns: Momology, HELP, Mentor Moms, Military Moms and Mom Moments. As a potential MOPS website writer, you should study the site’s tone and style at www.MOPS.org.
Audience and Distribution:
Our audience primarily consists of mothers of preschoolers (infants through kindergarten). Many of our readers are between 25 and 40, married and attend local MOPS groups, although we welcome and encourage content for mothers outside these demographics. MOPS International seeks to meet the needs of every mom – urban and suburban moms, stay-at-home and working moms, teen, single and married moms – moms with different lifestyles who all share a similar desire to be the very best moms that they can be.
- The MOPS website is looking for non-fiction articles that target a mother with children from birth through kindergarten, and nurture her both as a woman and as a mother. We are looking for humorous, inspirational or thought-provoking personal stories and well-researched practical information that appeal to a wide variety of mothers and will inform mothers on subjects relevant to their lives.
- All submissions should be written from a biblical, but not doctrinal, perspective. We are looking for ideas that will challenge and help women regardless of where they are in their spiritual journey. The MOPS website does not accept devotions. Please avoid Christian jargon and use biblical quotes sparingly.
- All submissions should be between 450-600 words.
- The MOPS website does not publish or promote single opinions on controversial subjects that divide our readers. These include doctrinal, political and social subjects as well as parenting issues that bring up strong emotions. While the decisions that you have made for your family may come up in your submission, do not assume that all readers will see things the same way.
- Online columns that are accepting submissions include:
- MomSense – Articles in which MOPS moms share stories of embracing their mothering instincts and developing their own unique mothering style
- Mom Moments – Short, personal stories that will nurture the reader as a mother and/or woman and encourage her in her vital role
- Military Moms – Articles written to encourage and equip moms who are married to husbands in the military or for moms who are in the military themselves
Submitting an article:
Online Community Coordinator
2370 South Trenton Way
Denver, CO 80231
- Include your name, address, phone and email on the first page of your article.
- If accepted, stories will be edited by MOPS International to fit the language, flow and size of the MOPS International website.
- If using physical mail, please send a typed copy of your article and keep a copy for yourself. MOPS International will keep the copy that you send us on file to consider using in the future.
- All submissions are received on speculation. A contract is sent after the manuscript is accepted, although we cannot guarantee publication. The writer receives a byline and bio on each article, along with payment upon publication.