MOPS International Presents
Vision for MOPS-Lit
MOPS-Lit fiction opens exciting opportunities to encourage and inspire moms. Through fiction, MOPS believes we can touch hearts and explore life issues in ways not possible through non-fiction.
Why Partner with MOPS-Lit Fiction?
- MOPS International is a vital, 33-year-old ministry to mothers with children under school age founded upon the belief that better moms make a better world. Although most of the MOPS audience are Christians, MOPS is an outreach ministry that works hard to equip and inspire “every” mother of preschoolers. The demographic of this group is primarily 25-40 year old moms. Recent research revealed that 50 percent read fiction. They are a great audience to reach with your fiction!
- MOPS International enjoys a franchise relationship with Baker Publishing Group (Revell imprint). One of the largest Christian publishers, Baker/Revell/Bethany has an effective fiction program with numerous fiction best sellers.
- In addition to Revell’s marketing and promotions, MOPS will vigorously promote your book to moms through its ministry channels:
- Approximately 100,000 moms are involved in 3,860 MOPS groups in the US and 33 other countries.
- MOPS International has published dozens of books selling more than two million copies.
- MOPS maintains a popular website at www.MOPS.org.
- MOMSense magazine, published jointly with Christianity Today International, is one of the most widest-circulated Christian women’s magazine, reaching 105,000 print subscribers, and online readers at www.MOMSense.com.
- The MOPShop online and retail store promotes and sells products to MOPS members through catalogs, magazine inserts, email blasts, and at MOPS International events.
- The largest ever MOPS International Convention encouraged and inspired 5,994 moms and leaders in Nashville in September 2004. Another 2,252 leaders were trained at a simulcast event and regional events.
- MOPS-Lit provides an opportunity for you to participate in ministry while you do the writing you love. The MOPS logo will appear on the back cover, and a page in the back of your book, “About MOPS,” will highlight the ministry and how a mom can find a MOPS group. Ten percent of advances and royalties will go to MOPS International to invest in ministry and the promotion of your work.
Genres for MOPS-Lit fiction:
- Contemporary (Community)
- Mystery/ Suspense
- Sample key life issues to explore:
- Infertility/secondary infertility
- Single mom dating
We are looking to partner with established, published fiction authors to launch these series in spring 2008.
Fax completed book proposal to 303-733-5770, email to Fiction@MOPS.org or send to:
MOPS Communications Manager
2370 South Trenton Way
Denver, CO 80231-3822