By Shelly Radic
Plastic, toy slippers with the invitation inside. Ask guests to bring the slipper to the party.
One room should be very messy, and the other decorated like a royal ballroom with glitzy streamers and balloons.
Ask girls to wear their favorite dress-up clothes to the party. Provide bandanas and aprons for each guest to don on arrival, plastic tiaras for the Cinderella transformation.
Apple slices, cheese, and crackers and a small white layered “wedding” cake and punch.
- Sweeping and cleaning. As guests arrive play the role of the mean stepmother, giving each girl a bandana, apron, and cleaning tools. Instruct each girl to clean a section of the messy room.
- Mouse-friend snacks. After the room is cleaned, serve small plates of apple slices, cheese, and crackers to guests.
- Pumpkin decorating. Help Cinderella-girls prepare for the ball by decorating small pumpkins with glitter and ribbon to look like a royal coach.
- Primping princesses. Before leaving for the ball, polish fingernails, remove bandanas and aprons and spray hair with glitter. Crown each girl with her own tiara.
- Ballroom introductions. Lead girls to the ballroom door. Announce each girl’s name before she enters.
- Ballroom dancing. Play upbeat classical music and lead girls in a waltz around the room.
- Glass slipper race. Hide the mates to the glass slipper invitations around the ballroom. Challenge each girl to be the first to find her slipper’s mate.
- Wedding cake and punch. Ask daddy or big brother to play the part of the prince and lead the girls to the cake table for wedding cake and punch.
Pumpkin coaches, bandanas, plastic slippers, and tiara.
Click here to read more about parties for girls only.