Community Event Planner
||Ministry Engagement Team|
||15 hours per month|
|Length of Commitment:
||Two years minimum|
Purpose: Plan and manage logistics of Community events and assists MI event team in various aspects of MI event management, support and planning. She is accountable to the Area Developer.
Scope The Community Event Planner interacts with assigned Area Field Leaders in order to provide support for Area and MOPS International events. She is accountable to the Area Developer for coordinating the logistics of scheduled events in her Area.
- Read and be responsible for knowing the content of all MOPS Handbooks provided by MOPS International, Connections magazine, www.MOPS.org, www.MOPSFieldLeaders.org, and other materials or emails sent from MOPS International.
- Expected attendance at MOPS International Convention, as well as additional MOPS training events that are within reasonable proximity of the Event Plannerís home.
- Attend Field Leader training held in conjunction with Convention or MOPS training events. Assist with any other MOPS International events within the Area.
- Communicate with Area Developer regularly and attend Field Leader training held within the Area.
- Communicate with MOPS International by submitting monthly hours and Field Leader Expense Report to Area Coordinator as needed.
- Complete a year-end Evaluation and Commitment Renewal for MOPS International. Submit annual goals and review them periodically with the Area Developer.
- Oversee logistics of Area events including, but not limited to, Area meeting and retreats as directed by Area Developer
- Oversee logistics and management of Area Summit Sites
- Interface with Area Developer and other Field Leaders within the Area
- Interface with MOPS International Events Team, event contractors, vendors and venues
- Identify and coordinate local speakers and volunteers for Area events under the direction of the Area Developer
- Coordinate local production, technical needs and meals as required
- Coordinate portions of on-going MOPS International Events as needed
- Coordinate local event promotions using pre-produced promotional materials
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon by the Area Developer and MI Events Team.
Primary Strengths and Abilities:
- Two years MOPS Leadership experience required.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to organize, prioritize and fulfill responsibilities in an efficient and timely manner
- An effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- A team player with the ability to take initiative, unite a team, set and achieve goals and anticipate needs
- Ability to delegate responsibility and supervise volunteers. Strong conflict resolution skills
- Must have in-home access to Internet, email, file attachments, Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and team collaboration skills
- Event planning experience
- Ability to work behind the scenes
- Strong desire to apply their unique gifts and experience to their volunteer work for a Christian, nonprofit organization
- Able to sign MOPS International Statement of Faith, Ministry Values and Statement of Volunteer
Statement of Conduct: Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and maintains a Christ-like attitude in dealing with people inside and outside of MOPS. Is willing to uphold the MOPS International staff and ministry in prayer and aligns with the MOPS International mission and vision.