Community Outreach Strategist
||Ministry Engagement Team|
||15 hours per month|
|Length of Committment:
||Two years minimum|
Purpose: To represent MOPS International in their Area with the purpose of growing groups, growing awareness of MOPS, seeking out service and outreach opportunities and identifying potential donors. Utilize leadership experience, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, public speaking skills and written/verbal communication skills in order to accomplish this purpose and to support the vision of MOPS International.
Scope: Responsible for community growth, outreach, service and interacting with potential and existing donors within her Community. She is accountable to the Area Developer.
- Read and be responsible for knowing the content of all MOPS Handbooks provided by MOPS International, Connections, MOPS Internationalís Web sites and other materials or e-mail sent from MOPS International.
- Expected attendance at annual MOPS training events within reasonable proximity of Community Outreach Strategistís home.
- Assist with any MOPS International events in designated Area.
- Submit monthly hours, Activity Narrative and Expense Reports to Area Developer.
- Maintain current list of leads and progress toward chartering
- Complete a year-end Evaluation and Commitment Renewal with Area Developer.
- Service and Outreach
- Identify one local service or outreach opportunity per quarter and submit to Community Networker for communication to groups.
- Identify one new lead per year for the New Mom Gift Project and submit to MOPS International for follow-up.
- Lead Generating and Chartering
- Establish new MOPS groups to achieve 10% annual growth within Area.
- Initiate new leads through identifying: churches that do not currently have a MOPS group, or a community that has a population of mothers who do not have access to a MOPS group.
- Act as a catalyst for establishing new MOPS groups by speaking with pastors or other church leadership about what MOPS can bring to their church, why MOPS is a good fit and answer their questions.
- Submit leads to Ministry Outreach Representative (copying AD) each week using MOPS Chartering Lead Form.
- Follow up with pastors or other people in the community who have contacted MOPS International with an interest in establishing a new group.
- Document follow-up and progress toward charters in the FL Call Center.
- Public Relations/Spreading the Vision
- Present or attend MOPS seminars/exhibits at conferences and other gatherings.
- Represent MOPS International to the media and other venues in the region.
- Identify potential leaders and refer them to AD for follow up.
- Donor Development
- Identify one potential donor annually and submit contact information to MOPS International Development Team.
- Work with MOPS International to create a plan to initiate and cultivate donor relationships.
- Market the ministry of MOPS International to individual donors, foundations, and corporations. This includes:
- Inform MOPS International of new individual donor contacts.
- Inform MOPS International of grant giving organization contacts, particularly national foundations.
- Inform MOPS International of corporate giving opportunities or contacts.
Primary Strengths and Abilities:
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Professional demeanor in dress, behavior, attitude and loyalty to MOPS International
- Ability to organize, prioritize and fulfill responsibilities in a timely manner
- An effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- Good public relations and telephone skills
- A team player with the ability to take initiative, unite a team, set and achieve goals and anticipate needs.
- Must have in-home access to Internet, email, file attachments, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong desire to apply their unique gifts and experience to their volunteer work for a Christian, nonprofit organization
- Able to sign MOPS International Statement of Faith, Ministry Values and Statement of Volunteer
Statement of Conduct: Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ & maintains a Christ-like attitude in dealing with people inside & outside of MOPS. Is willing to uphold the MOPS International staff & ministry in prayer & aligns with the MOPS International mission & vision.