||Ministry Engagement Team|
||20-25 hours per month|
|Length of Commitment:
||Two years minimum|
Purpose: To provide leadership to the MOPS International Areas through recruiting, training, supporting and supervising Community Developers, Coaches, Networkers, Outreach Strategists and Event Planners. Responsible for Area Growth, Retention and Service goals. Utilize leadership experience, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, public speaking skills and written/verbal communication skills in order to accomplish this purpose and to support the vision of MOPS International.
Scope: The Area Developer (AD) interacts with assigned Area Field Leaders in order to provide training and support which facilitates the growth of healthy groups and leaders. She is accountable to the Regional Developer for meeting the needs of assigned MOPS group leadership.
- Read and be responsible for knowing the content of all MOPS Handbooks provided by MOPS International, Connections Magazine, www.MOPS.org, www.MOPSFieldLeaders.org, and other materials or emails sent from MOPS International.
- Expected attendance at MOPS International Leadership Convention, MOPS International Training Events within or near her Area, and the annual AD training event in Denver.
- Assist with any MOPS International events in her Area.
- Work in cooperation with the Community Outreach Strategist (COS) and/or MOR to assist individuals or ministries interested in starting a MOPS group or donating to MOPS.
- Submit goals annually and complete a year-end Evaluation and Commitment Renewal for MOPS International.
- Retention and Growth of Area groups
- Responsible for managing and leading Area teams to accomplish specific Area goals of group growth, retention, service, and volunteer leadership development and retention
- Recruitment of Area team
- Identify and recruit Community Developers, Outreach Strategists and Event Planners. Refer recommended candidates to Regional Developer for follow-up.
- Responsible for overseeing Community Developer recruiting efforts
- Management and Tracking of Area team:
- Submit a quarterly time log for Field Leaders in the Area to the Regional Developer.
- Manage the budget within her Area. Submit monthly expense reports when the Field Leaders seek reimbursement.
- Training and Support of Area team
- Oversee ongoing training to all Field Leaders assigned to Area, including training for new Field Leaders and annual training for the Area. Conduct annual evaluation and goal-setting for direct reports. Manage the annual evaluation and goal-setting process for each team member.
- Communicate the MOPS International vision and provide updates, news, and opportunities to all Field Leaders in Area.
- Ensure attendance of Area team at training events at least once per year
- Ensure Community Developers carry out new and ongoing Community training
- Make regular contact with direct reports, both as a group and individually, making sure team members are motivated to support the purpose and vision of MOPS International.
Primary Strengths and Abilities:
High level of integrity and confidentiality
Professional demeanor in dress, behavior, attitude and loyalty to MOPS International
Ability to organize, prioritize and fulfill responsibilities in a timely manner
An effective communicator with strong verbal and written skills
Good public relations and telephone skills
A team player with the ability to take initiative, unite a team, set and achieve goals and anticipate needs.
Must have in-home access to Internet, email, file attachments, Microsoft Word and Excel.
Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Strong desire to apply their unique gifts and experience to their volunteer work for a Christian, nonprofit organization
Able to sign MOPS International Statement of Faith, Ministry Values and Statement of Volunteer
Statement of Conduct: Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and maintains a Christ-like attitude in dealing with people inside and outside of MOPS. Is willing to uphold the MOPS International staff and ministry in prayer and aligns with the MOPS International mission & vision.