We Are the Starry Eyed
Group Experience Kit
With glittering eyes, look towards the sky. Next year, you’re invited to come alongside MOPS as we discover what it looks like to become the Starry Eyed. We know that sometimes this whole MOPS thing can be a little daunting … but don’t worry, we’re here for you every step of the way.
How do we know this? Every group is unique. It takes on the flavor and culture of the space it meets in or the fearless leader who coordinates it. No two groups are the same, and we think that’s a good thing.
Think of your Group Experience Kit as your loyal sidekick, ready if you need it and really just there to help everything run smoothly. The coolest part about this kit is that it molds itself to fit the unique culture of each group – and you have the complete freedom to decide how to best use it and what each meeting will look like. We trust you. (And so do your faithful moms.) Regardless of how you run your group, we’ll provide you with everything you need to make it a total hit.
Let’s do this together.
The theme 2016-17 MOPS year is We Are the Starry Eyed, and to help make the theme come alive in each and every group, we’ve put together a box of materials designed to do just that. We highlight all of these materials in this unboxing video, and we also have them listed out below.
What do I get in the We Are the Starry Eyed Group Experience Kit?
- 17 Video Stories: These videos are centered on the theme concepts of Wonder, Hope and Kindness. This year, we have invited some of our favorite friends, including Lisa Gungor, Mark & Jan Foreman, and Jen Hatmaker to share their wisdom (and of course have a few laughs too!).
- 10 Complete Meeting Plans: (We like to call them FUN/THINK/TALK/DO cards but that’s a mouthful!). These plans include ideas on how to incorporate the theme into your meetings, icebreakers, discussion questions, and some super fun creative activity ideas.
- Becoming Starry Eyed: Practices to Cultivate Wonder, Hope and Kindness Guidebook: A workbook for you and your group to go through together! Each chapter has a corresponding video segment on the DVD. Use this booklet to explore what it looks like to truly become Starry Eyed with your group.
- 10 Leader Training Video Segments: Are you looking for helpful team building techniques, practical ideas and inside MOPS info? Well look no further, these training video segments will prepare you to lead with confidence.
- Access to our online Leader section of mops.org. Leader training, new ideas, additional teaching segments, meeting ideas or information on leadership positions … it doesn’t matter what you’re looking for, we have your answers here.
- A personal Coach who has been a Leader of a MOPS group in the past and can answer any and all of your questions (and also encourage you every step of the way!).
- Mentor Resources: Take to the Sky: A Field Guide to Starry Eyed Mentoring, a book we made just for our MOPS Mentors. This handy booklet is full of helpful tips for mentoring the moms in your group, devotionals for sharing and information about the spiritual background of this year’s unique theme.
- Kids Curriculum: We call our kid’s curriculum MOPPETS. (Have you noticed that we use a lot of “MOPS words” around here?) This year, the MOPPETS curriculum is from What’s in the Bible? and Sing n’ Sprout. From video lessons, downloads, plans and worksheets, your kiddos are in for a year of fun and learning.
- Access to MOPS group management system. It’s an easy way to keep track of your group all in one place.
- A complete Membership Welcome Kit: Because we know that you’re dying for a sneak peek into what your moms will be getting in the mail when they register for a MOPS Membership! It’s pretty amazing … just saying.
- 25% Off Coupon for The MOPS Store (available May 1): Guess what? A new theme also means a whole lot of cute new theme products – you’ll be impressed, we promise! Take a look and grab your favorite We Are the Starry Eyed swag for you and your group (although it might be hard to pick just one favorite!).
- Need we say more? This might be our favorite part of the whole kit. We are packing this year’s kit full of fun surprises to say thanks you for all you do as a leader!
Here is a sneak peek at all of the video story topics:
To give you a better idea of what these video stories look like, we want to give you one of Jenni June discussing becoming a good sleeper. Each video story has a corresponding FUN/THINK/TALK/DO card that can be used as a complete meeting plan, if you so choose. Here’s a sample card that can be paired with Jenni’s video.
Becoming … Video Stories
Wonder – Becoming …
Universe Minded (14:42) Deborah Haarsma, Ph.D.
Starry Eyed (17:38) Mandy Arioto
Wonderstruck Moms (16:38) Lisa Gungor
Good Sleepers (22:55) Jenni June
Story Sharers (17:58) Steve Stanton
Creative (8:13) Amena Brown
Hope – Becoming …
Seen (22:05) Jackie Alvarez
Intimate (24:39) Shannon Rants, MA, LPC
Comfortable With Greif (16:37) Justin Kron
Loved (20:45) Phil Owen
Generationally Aware (27:34) Elisabeth Nesbit Sbanotto, Ph.D.
Kindness – Becoming …
Friends (15:50) Jen Hatmaker
Familiar With Kindness (16:11) Leeana Tankersley
Parents Who Say Yes (33:14) Mark and Jan Foreman
Honest About Suffering (11:39) Carrol Showalter, MA, LPC
Aware of Anger (23:53) Lisa-Jo Baker
A Man Whisperer (25:13) Shaunti Feldhahn