Ever want the look of pampered nails, but just don’t have the money or time to get them done professionally? Show off your hands this summer with a manicure that doesn’t cost a fortune:
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Using a double-sided emery board, file your nails using gentle strokes.
- Apply a softener to your cuticles.
- Soak each hand in a bowl of warm water for five minutes. Add a slice of lemon or lime to give your hands a fresh, summery scent.
- Gently push back the cuticles with an orange stick. If hangnails are present, carefully clip them.
- Apply hand lotion, massaging the palm of your hand with the thumb of your other hand. This will help circulate the blood. Work your way over the remainder of the hand and then repeat, being sure to spend equal time to each hand.
- Pick up a small amount of polish on the brush and paint one stroke down the center of your nail. Your brush should hold just enough color to accomplish this. Stroke each side of the nail the same way. Allow nails to set for a minute before applying the second coat.
- Wait until polish is set (dry to the touch) and then apply a top clear coat. Don’t skip this step, as it not only adds life to your manicure, but will protect your nails as well.