This is a fantastic and easy chicken fajitas recipe is a winner with the whole family. Make this a weekly go-to meal or double the recipe and invite some friends to join you! To keep it healthier and lower in carbs, you can eliminate the tortillas and serve the chicken mixture over top of the rice and beans. It's still so delicious this way!
- 1 red, 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 red onion
- 4lbs chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 12 flour tortillas
Toppings & Sides
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4oz) can green chilies
- Sour cream as desired
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1 (14oz) can black beans, cooked
- Fresh cilantro
1. In a skillet, heat oil and 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add green peppers and onions and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. In a separate skillet, heat 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add sliced chicken. Sprinkle with salt, cumin and chili power, toss and cook thoroughly for around 15-20 minutes. Transfer chicken to skillet with peppers and onions and keep warm on low.
3. Heat tomatoes and green chilies in empty skillet over high heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Serve chicken fajita mix in tortillas, topped with fresh sprigs of cilantro, tomatoes and sour cream. Serve with black beans and rice on the side.