There are a million ways to use shredded chicken, especially shredded chicken that tastes this good. Go ahead. Start listing your million ways now.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- Couple garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once cooking is complete, use 2 forks to pull the chicken apart. Pull out any long cilantro stems, if necessary.
- Serve Cilantro-Lime Shredded Chicken in favorite chicken recipes.
- Portion out chicken into meal size portions and place in plastic freezer baggies and freeze for future use.
Erin Chase is the mom chef at 5DollarDinners.com, and is the voice behind the new Blinkie grocery savings mobile app. When not sharing frugal recipes and helping people across the country spend less time and money on groceries each week, she working hard to keep up with her 4 young boys, ages 8 to 6 months. In the little spare time she has, she enjoys running and reading.