Great for leftover cooked rice and any type of leftover meat. You can vary the vegetables for your family favorites or what you have on hand.
- 3 T. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup diced cooked ham or chicken
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet green peas, thawed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet or wok at medium-high. Add eggs; cook 1 minute on each side. Remove from skillet; chop and set aside. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet or wok; add ham (or chicken), and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Add bell pepper and onion; stir-fry 5 minutes. Add peas, rice, soy sauce and chili-garlic sauce; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in reserved egg and sprinkle with green onions.