There are a couple items that seem to be true for moms: beauty regimens change when we have kids, and it becomes harder to take care of ourselves when we're taking care of everyone else. That's why we want to spend an entire month covering these topics.
Here are a few suggested topics. Feel free to write on one of these ideas or take some creative liberties.
- Tips for speeding up the getting-ready process
- Ways to pamper yourself
- Easy hair ideas
- Best beauty products
- Make-your own beauty products
- How to repurpose old jewelry
- Spicing up your wardrobe
- Make-up tips to give the illusion of a full night's sleep
- Tips to help your lipstick stay put
Recipes for healthy snacks
- How to eat healthy when your diet mostly contains uneaten chicken nuggets off your kids abandoned lunch plates?
- Favorite workout ideas for busy moms, incorporating exercises into household tasks
- Healthy kid snacks
- Ways to maintain mental sanity
- How do you find yourself in the midst of mothering?
- Why is it important to take care of yourself?
- How to know when you've given too much of yourself?
- What is beauty?
- How do you balance innate beauty with perceived beauty?
- How do we teach our sons and daughters about beauty?
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2014
How to Submit
To add your voice to the conversation on health, beauty and self, send your submission to content@MOPS.org.
For more information about the tone of our materials and our submission process go to www.mops.org/writers-guidelines. (Insider hint: We take these very seriously, so it’s important you take a peek before submitting.)
Just so you know, all articles are received on speculation. We will respond to all submissions when they are received to confirm submission and obtain submission agreement. If your article is selected for publishing, we will email you in advance with the date we will be publishing and the permalink.
And Since You Always Ask
Yes, you may send material that has been previously published. Just make sure it meets our editorial needs first. Because, again, we take those writer’s guidelines pretty seriously.
You can win a $5 Starbucks Gift card just by commenting on this blog!