Location: MOPS office
We don’t sell mops; we gather moms. Here at MOPS, we believe in the simple but revolutionary idea that remarkable things happen when moms come together. That’s why we rally women, in their own neighborhoods, to help them become more brave, kind and honest, one gathering at a time.
We’re a family friendly, faith-based organization looking for hungry, smart and humble individuals to grow MOPS and make us better at cultivating communities of moms around the world. We have fun as we work, and when all else fails we eat chocolate and drink coffee together.
If the warm fuzzy feelings you get from serving moms aren’t enough, we also offer benefits like health insurance, a retirement plan that MOPS matches, and lots of holidays and vacation days. So get ready to work hard, laugh often and celebrate victories with us along the way.
MOPS International is looking to hire a part-time, rock star Events Coordinator. This position supports MOMcon which means playing a role in equipping and encouraging over 3000 moms every year. So pick up your laptop, send us your resume, and we’ll do an incredibly embarrassing happy dance!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Coordinate MOMcon, MOPS International annual leadership conference, related projects.
- Support Events Team through various administrative tasks such as note taking, picking up lunch orders, packing/unpacking for MOMcon, shopping for materials, supplies and giveaways, etc.
- Create, distribute and collect evaluations and surveys from moms and staff.
- Process check requests for all main stage speakers, workshop speakers, vendors, etc.
- Support the MOMcon marketing plan in collaboration with the Marketing Team which includes gathering all mom and leader marketing content for MOMcon marketing, contests etc.
- Hold and support the MOMcon workbook with the Marketing Team to ensure all organizational ads, announcements and messaging is highlighted through workbook/program content.
- Manage all hotel room blocks at contracted hotels to ensure reduced financial liabilities for MOPS.
- Manage all food and beverage for MOMcon.
- Serve as staff liaison for MOMcon travel; create and maintain spreadsheet with staff and volunteer travel (flights and hotels), coordinate rooming list, etc.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Follower of Jesus and able to faithfully sign and uphold the MOPS Faith and Values Statement.
- Servant heart and desire to serve others, teams and projects to execute an incredible event.
- One to three years of experience supporting large events in a LIVE capacity.
- Able to coordinate a number of activities simultaneously, setting priorities effectively.
- Proven ability to maintain a “calm under pressure” and problem solving attitude on site at live events.
- Tech savvy with strong computer skills (proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel).
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- High level of flexibility, follow through and responsiveness.
- Team player with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability. Willing to take initiative.
- Clarity in written and verbal communication skills.
- Conducts self in a professional manner.
- Curiosity, sense of humor and tenacity are highly valued.
- Able to work 40 hrs/week during peak event season and overtime during event.
- Able to travel for up to a week at a time.
- Able to lift 25 pounds and walk up to 5-8 miles daily during MOMcon.
The Events Coordinator is a part-time, in-office position that is eligible for partial benefits and plenty of time off with an hourly rate of $16.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com so that we can get to know you better. Don’t be shy, tell us why this is the perfect job for you and why you’re excited about our vision to reach 1 million moms. We can’t wait to hear from you!
or mail to:
Human Resources Manager
2370 South Trenton Way
Denver, CO 80231